Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Always Looking Up

Last Night I finished Michael J. Fox's latest book, Always Looking Up. After reading Lucky Man two summers ago and falling madly in love with it, when I saw this at my local bookstore, I knew I had to have it to read.

This book had everything about the first that I loved: humor (though sometimes I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to laugh, poingant moments (the scene at his dying sister's bedside made me cry like a baby) and a general sense of goodness.

People like MJF amaze me. They have every reason in the world to be bitter, but they choose to do good with what they have been blessed with and attempt to make a difference. Reading about his struggles with his foundation and the struggles he faced with legislation, he never lost faith and hope that one dayhe and the millions of people struggling with incurable illness won't have to suffer anymore.

It made me realize just how blessed I am that myself and my family are healthy.

I'm not sure where I am going with this...but the book is amazing, and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment