Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Goodbye Rachelle, Hello Bryce!



all photos property of their original owners

When I read this tweet by author Kaleb Nation last night, I thought it was some sort of sick and twisted late/early April Fools Day joke:


Bryce Dallas Howard Replaces Rachelle LeFevere



Then when I read that article, I knew they weren't joking. But I would love to know the story behind the story, you know? Other commitments? Scheduling conflicts? Rachelle was an integral part of what is currently one of the most lucrative frnachises out there! Why would she give that up? Granted, being in two movies is all the leg up she'll need for her career, but why leave the fans who have made her a success?

In an official statement, Rachelle admits that she had booked another project that hada 10 day shoot between New Moon and Eclipse, but that Eclipse's director, David Slade, moved up some timetables and suddenly a conflict existed. One source has said that the studio could have made it work, but didn't want to and cast Bryce instead.


Now, I have nothing against Bryce Dallas Howard. I loved her in The Village and everything I have seen her in since then. I just have trouble with changing actors halfway through a franchise without just cause. It ruins the continuity of the films for me. I even had trouble with the replacement of Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies and that change was UNAVOIDABLE!

However that being said, I think that as a Twilighter, I am going to get behind Bryce. First of all, she'll be catching enough heat from the rest of the community as it is for something that isn't her fault AT ALL. Second, I remember all that BS that happened almost 2 years ago when Rob and KStew were cast and everyone hated them--then they turned out to be not that bad...and now people loved them like there was nothing ever wrong (which I just find ironic and hypocritical, but whatev). Third, this is Summit's decision and since you and I don't work for them, we'll just have to trust their judgement and go with this. Bryce is a phenomenal actress. I think this is all hte from shock. It will blow over.

No comments:

Post a Comment